Stages in group development end up defining a group's performance. In this video, learn how to prioritize group development strategies to optimize performance.
- For over 50 years, Dr. Bruce Tuckman's research … has been the go to source of understanding groups. … His five stage model of group development … has stood the test of time … because it unwittingly rests on the biology … of how humans work together. … Tuckman studied all kinds of groups and found … that they developed through five distinct stages. … Here is how they play out in the workplace. … The first stage is forming. … This is where the group meets each other … and learns about the focus of their work together. … At this stage, formalities are preserved as people … are sizing each other up and figuring out their role … in the group and on the task. … The next stage is storming. … This is where members start to communicate their views … from their individual perspectives. … As differences are discovered, conflict arises. … A natural, normal and even healthy element of this stage. … As a team leader, you must avoid pushing the group … to false harmony or allowing toxic patterns …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders