Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting music through Apple Music and the iTunes Store, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- On the Apple TV, you cannot buy new music…like you can with TV shows or Movies, but since the Apple TV…connects to an Apple ID account, you can access music…that you've purchased in iTunes, and listen to that music…on the Apple TV.…Also, if you subscribe to the Apple Music service,…you can access that on the Apple TV as well.…So we're not going to look at how to buy music,…or set up an Apple Music account.…You can check out a few other courses for that information:…Up and Running with iTunes 12, and…Apple Music First Look.…
Instead, I want to look at how you can play music…if you've already purchased music in iTunes…or subscribed to Apple Music.…So here on the home screen, I'm just going to go…to the Music app,…and I'll click on it.…When you launch the Music app,…if you're not signed into an Apple ID,…you'll see a prompt asking you to sign in.…You won't be able to see what I'm seeing…unless you have signed into your Apple TV with an Apple ID.…The interface is pretty similar to the Movies…and TV Shows apps.…
I have some categories up here at the top…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.