The first step in implementing a supply chain agenda is to train or hire people to think in terms of processes and collaboration. Your team needs to understand that their goals should align with the larger goals for your company, and everyone needs to focus on creating and delivering value to your customers.
- One of my favorite books about implementing…supply chain management is called…The New Supply Chain Agenda.…The book draws on research done…by the University of Tennessee…that shows the benefits…that supply chain management can produce.…The authors mapped out five main steps…that companies need to follow…in order to implement supply chain management successfully.…And they call these the supply chain agenda.…Let's look at what's involved in taking the first step…in the supply chain agenda,…which is to make sure that you've got the right people…in the right positions to make the change.…
Preparing the people in your organization…starts with training and education.…You can use online resources like this one…to help people understand what supply chain management is…and how it will affect their jobs.…There are lots of introductory books,…including the one that I wrote,…Supply Chain Management for Dummies.…You can also take advantage of training programs…from private consultants,…as well as from universities and colleges.…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.