How do you handle difficult scheduling? In this video, explore some tips on how to balance work and home life.
- Working from home is even tougher for working parents. … If you're working home for the first time with your kids … under foot, … you're going to need to be really creative with your … planning in order to get everything you need to get done. … Now, here's how I suggest you get started. … First of all, get creative with your schedule. … You might not be able to work during normal work hours when … you also have homeschool duties and might require you to … work before your kids get up, … or when they're in bed at night so that you can get … everything done. If you have another adult at home with you, … you might want to consider a split shift. … So one of you takes the morning, gets the kids up, … gets the kids fed, … get them on their computers for their online schooling, … while the other of you goes into the office with the door … shut and gets three great hours of work in. … At lunchtime, everyone has lunch together, … and then you and your spouse switch roles and you get to go …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.