- [Instructor] A lot of times, … we need to generate a lot of fake data. … We might want to do some training, … or in this case, we're getting to know … some new features in Excel. … In this case, we've got movies and directors. … We would like to generate a range of fake data … that represent counts of one through four-star ratings. … We could go through cell by cell … and type in some data, but we are not going to do that. … We're going to use RANDARRAY. … Equals RANDARRAY, okay, double click here. … Notice in that hint box, … all of the components of this function are optional. … In this case, we're going to use all of 'em. … How many rows of fake data do we need? … I know that we've got 11 movies, … so I'm going to just type in 11, comma. … How many columns? … One, two, three, four. … Comma, what is the minimum? … We get to make this up. … Let's say the minimum is going to be two, comma, … and the max, 59. … Comma, in this case we do want integers. … It makes sense that we had nine …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.