Without clarity on what's happening and what's affecting your organization, you'll likely make poor decisions as a leader. In this video, learn how to find clarity and take control of your team during a crisis.
- My name is Eric Zackrison. … I'm a professor and consultant dealing mostly … in leadership strategy, management, and how to communicate … with people more effectively. … So with leaders in this situation, I think the first thing … to remember is that people are anxious … because they're uncertain. … And so for us as leaders the same thing happens, … that we're uncertain of what's going on. … And so the first thing to start with, before we even … talk to our teams and our employees, is for us to get … some clarity, as much as we can, and be able to realize … that it's okay that we don't know everything, … that we can only control what we can control. … So find out what you can control, find out what information … you can, and then approach your team with that in mind, … with a kind of clear head or at least as clear … as you can be, and communicate to them that you're doing … what you can. … There's some research that shows that in crisis situations, … those organizations that don't necessarily offer sympathy …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.