- Describe managerial accounting.
- Contrast activity-based costing with other types of costing and accounting.
- Identify the components of the road map used to prepare a financial model.
- Define the costs a business incurs when undertaking a project.
- Examine the conceptual process in preparing a financial model.
Skill Level Beginner
- Numbers are safe, it's people that are complicated. This is perhaps how most of us are trained in the finance and accounting world I think. But you know what, for management accountants, bridging people with data, it's just daily life. And that's where I think the real beauty of the profession comes out. Basically you have to apply all your incredible technical training to get a good analysis and then turn it all around and present your findings in a way that made it look easy, and helping management make a robust decision. That's what it's all about, using your expertise to identify insights, and then advise decision makers. My name's Josh Rischin, advising decision makers has pretty much been my life for the last 15 years. It's been a blast, and also a huge learning experience. I know how daunting it can be at first, but I want to help you get your footing. You can make a positive impact to your organization, that is, if you do it right. But don't stress, I'm going to help you by outlining the key processes and also giving you some powerful views and charts that you can use right away. This is some of my favorite stuff to do, so let's dive in to the wonderful world of managerial accounting.