In this video, Dan discusses the growing threat and peril from foreign attacks on business primarily in cyberspace.
- One of the historical stories…surrounding the 2016 presidential election…in the United States is the Russian intervention…during the campaign using social media.…While this attack from a foreign country…seems to slip into the whole cloak and dagger…of the political landscape,…it might not seem like a business…would need to consider this a risk.…As we peer into the crystal ball of the future…of business risk we can't overlook increasing attacks…by foreign countries, both politically and in business.…
Here are reasons why you as business leaders…should be concerned.…First, politics and party control…will always have an effect on business…of all sizes and industries.…Who is in power affects taxes, regulations, tariffs,…cryptocurrency, importing and exporting,…security, and global communications, to name just a few.…While you may not be directly impacted,…the consequences of future meddling…can an impact on your risk and bottom line.…
Second, foreign attacks aren't limited to governments.…One of the largest cyber criminals in the world…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.