- Principles that lead to a healthy economy and company
- Healthy financial practices at work
- How money flows through an organization
- Calculating your cost to a company
- Managing your own expenses
- Reading your company's financial statements
Skill Level Intermediate
- For a business to be successful, understanding money is super important, where it comes from, where it goes, and how much is left at the end of the day. As an employee, this money flow's often invisible to you. But if you take the time to understand the financial side of a business, you can open up terrific opportunities in your career. You'll not only be able to make better decisions for your company, you'll also be adding value to your role, which can greatly help your career prospects. In this course, we'll cover the big picture of company performance and what you can do to drive success.
We'll look at how a business can be impacted by outside forces, how money moves in companies, how to read financial statements, and how to better focus your job so that it's keyed in on the bottom line. I'm Jane Barratt, and after 20+ years of running teams and companies all over the world, I'm still grateful for having a boss focus me on the bottom line early in my career. The financial lessons I learned in those early days are ones that I still carry to this day. So stick with me as we explore the often uncharted path to long-term success, focusing on the bottom line as an employee.