Find out how to procure something fast. Also, learn what micro-purchases are and what approach you can use to successfully implement them in today's environment.
- When you need to procure something fast, … what do you do? … Well, I'll tell you what you don't want to do, … and that's go through a long buying process. … Now don't get me wrong, the traditional way … of acquiring goods and services still works, sometimes. … I mean, it might make sense to use complex contracts … with long lead times for infrastructure … or large construction projects, but what about projects … that require flexible, innovative solutions? … I'm thinking of software and R&D projects … where scope and cost are harder to determine upfront. … There has to be a way to streamline the contracting process, … so rapid procurement isn't impeded. … And there is. … This is where micro-purchases come into play. … Simply speaking, these are purchases … that are smaller in nature and usually can be made … on a credit or purchase card. … These are easier to explain, gain consensus, … and implement than traditional purchases. … Also, they enable you to procure solutions … that allow for iterative, incremental progress …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.