In this video, learn about the benefits of discussing the impact of behavior with the offenders.
- Focusing on the impact of a bad behavior … rather than the behavior itself is a useful technique. … By focusing on the impact, you can show the individual … how their actions affect others. … Instead of saying something like, … "Rolling your eyes is rude," you might say something like, … "Rolling your eyes when someone speaks … "in a meeting is hurtful." … Notice in the first one I pass some judgment … on the behavior. … In the second version, I discuss the specific action … and the impact of it. … Let's take a look at this in action. … - No, guys, I love these. … These are great ideas, seriously. … Okay, so, John, you're going to tell us a little bit … about the HR conference you went to last week? … - Oh, yeah, that was great. … The best session I attended, though, … was on how to mesh corporate values … into the business performance systems here at the location. … I will be putting some really nice ideas together … for this once I've done a little bit more research, … and then we can go from there. …
- Creating an upstander culture
- Setting behavioral standards
- Understanding your role as an upstander
- Overcoming fear and uncertainty
- Leveraging tools and scripts for standing up