Discover the tremendous flexibility and unlimited time you can take off between the contracts or assignments you accept when you work as a contractor or temporary employee.
- Imagine being able to take one week off every month and not work the entire summer. If that sounds good to you and you don't need a full-time income, flexible and temporary employment are great options for you. Let's start with the benefits of a flexible work schedule. A flexible schedule could involve compressing work days, flexible daily hours or telecommuting. This frees you up to take care of your family or to meet personal obligations.
You determine your own schedule and work environment, which could also reduce costs like daycare. It reduces the time, fuel costs and the stress of commuting during rush hour. Imagine how much more efficient you would be if you worked the hours you prefer to work when you feel freshest and accomplish the most. The second option is working as a temporary employee, and there are a number of benefits. You can tell the staffing firm that you don't wanna work the last week of any month or you don't wanna work summers.
If you work enough hours, you could earn paid vacation, personal days and qualify for FMLA. I know individuals that only wanna work when they wanna purchase a big item or take a vacation. There is a great need for good temporary employees, and if you have marketable skills, realistic salary expectations and a track record of success and dependability, you will have no problem finding temporary opportunities.
The fact is when you have a flexible work schedule or work as a temporary employee, you will never hear yourself say I don't have time because you'll be able to work around the activities that are most important to you.
- Recall when to adjust and monitor your career plan.
- Recognize why hiring authorities use temporary employees.
- Recall the benefits of working at a larger company.
- Explain how to best document your proficiency in particular skill sets.
- Identify benefits you can receive from a staffing agency.