There is a place for everyone. Learn about finding and building a culture that works for you.
- I run a great agency, and it's a great company, and Publicis Media is powerful, but it's the power of the people that matter. It's the people that differentiate your company from another one and you know people say culture eats everything else for lunch. Right, culture eats strategy for lunch. And I believe that. I think that culture and having a place where everybody can be their authentic self. In fact, it's required and it's celebrated and it's a place where you want to be, you want to live, you want to work. We work long hours in the advertising business, right? So I talk about owners versus renters and wanting to run a company of owners, and I don't mean that literally. Although I do a little bit, but what that really means is that people are here, they feel like this is their place. If they see something wrong, instead of complaining about it or walking away, it's "Hey, that's wrong and I want to fix it, "and I'm going to be part of fixing it "because this is where I'm going to live. "This is where I'm going to make my career. "This is where I'm going to stay "and I want to be part of making it better." So it's that ownership, I think, that makes a big difference for culture.
This course was created by genConnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- The why of advertising
- The importance of mentors and influencers
- Curating your path
- Getting hired
- Finding the right culture
- Comparing agencies of different sizes
- Being creative
- Investing in relationships and partnerships
- Driving decisions with data
- Emphasizing equality
- Giving back to your community
- Balancing your personal life
- Lessons for Millennials