Learn how to find, craft, and deliver compelling sales stories that resonate with buyers.
- Stories sell, and the people who can tell a good sales story will sell more than people who can't. Having a great product and a good sales pitch just isn't enough any more. You need great stories to go with them, and that's what this course will do, help you find, craft and deliver more compelling sales stories. In this course, we'll start by understanding what a sales story is and why storytelling works so well as a selling tool. Then we'll explore the 25 most useful types of sales stories, plus how to get your buyers to tell you the stories you need to hear. But we'll spend most of the time in this course exploring how to craft these stories, which stories to tell, where to find them, and all the elements that make a story great: its structure, emotion, surprise, dialog, and details. Hi, my name is Paul Smith, and I'm a speaker, leadership and storytelling trainer, and the author of the bestselling book "Sell With a Story: How to Capture Attention, "Build Trust, and Close the Sale." I've interviewed professional sales people at over 50 major companies around the world to uncover what sales stories you need and how they should be told. More importantly, I interviewed professional buyers as well. I figured who better to tell me which sales stories work and which don't than the professional buyers who decide which sales people to give million-dollar contracts to and which ones to send away disappointed. This course will help you tell better sales stories. Let's get started.
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling