- Researching banks and bank rates
- Using certificate of deposits
- Monitoring credit scores
- Investing in the stock market
- Leveraging brokerage accounts
- Using mutual funds, ETFs, and bonds
- Diversifying a portfolio
- Leveraging life and property insurance
- Examining HSAs as an option
- Planning for retirement
- Comparing 401(k) to 403(b)
- Using Roth IRAs and SEP accounts
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] The purpose of finance is to help you understand what is likely to happen to your money invested in a variety of ways and prepare for different outcomes. Finance can be used for businesses examining profits and losses, for individuals making investment decisions and for every day choices ranging from banking and buying a house to getting insurance. This means that unlike accounting, which is backward looking, finance is forward looking, and that's what this course is all about. In this course, we cover the fundamentals that you need to know to make your life more successful. Let's get started.
Finance Essentials for Small Businesswith Jim Stice54m 33s Intermediate
Introduction: What Is Finance?
Wrap up1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.