Join Henna Inam for an in-depth discussion in this video Face fear and grow courage, part of Mindfulness Practices.
- One of the craziest decisions I've made … was to leave my corporate career after 20 years … and become a first-time entrepreneur. … It's also one of the best decisions I've made. … Making that decision took about eight months. … Believe me, I had many fearful moments both before and after … making that decision. … My mindfulness practice helped me acknowledge the fear … I was feeling and move forward anyway. … I connected with what was more important to me … than my fear. … It was work that truly fulfilled me, … where I could learn, grow, and make a difference … that mattered to me. … The workplace offers us many opportunities … to practice growing our courage. … We may have fear of speaking up … and offering a different point of view. … Maybe we fear asking for that raise or promotion … and being rejected. … We may worry about taking on an assignment … that will stretch us outside of our comfort zone … and cause us to fail. … Fear is a completely normal human emotion. … We all have it. …
- Releasing stress
- Improving focus and creativity
- Finding meaning
- Cultivating joy
- Collaborating with difficult people
- Preparing for challenging conversations
- Being resilient after failure
- Facing fear
- Successfully handling change and crisis
Skill Level Beginner
Managing Depression in the Workplacewith Srini Pillay1h 3m Intermediate
Managing Stress for Positive Changewith Heidi Hanna57m 59s Intermediate
1. Lead Yourself
2. Lead Others
3. Lead in Challenging Times
Stay with your practice1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.