Join Lynda.com Staff for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring offline viewing, part of How to use Lynda.com.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Downloading Lynda.com content for offline viewing is an incredible way to enjoy learning anytime, anywhere, on any device. There are two main ways to get offline viewing on your devices. There's this desktop app and the mobile apps for iOS, Windows, and Android. To download and view more information on these apps, go to www.lynda.com/apps. From here, choose the device you want to download the app for.
If you choose a mobile device, you can also use your device to scan this QR code, which will take you directly to the store that you can download your app from. I'm going to choose the desktop app. You have the option to download the Windows app, download from the Windows store, or download on the app store. Click Install. You can install the app for free, but only premium members will have the ability to download content for offline viewing.
When you're connected online, you can choose which content you'd like to download for offline viewing. On the desktop, go up to Downloads, and select View Offline. Note, that on mobile devices, the Download button will look slightly different and may be located next to the course name or video title. Once the download is complete, after you've installed the app, you can navigate to your downloads, and you're free to disconnect from the internet to view the content offline.
In areas where internet connection is slow or non-existent, having downloaded content to still watch when offline or in airplane mode, will allow you to continue learning no matter where you are. For example, on an airplane, at the gym, or during your commute. Offline viewing is available anytime, anywhere, and we hope you take advantage of it, so your learning will have no limits.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support