When there are drastic changes in the market, it can be really daunting and feel like things are out of control financially. In this video, learn how to identify the context for why the market is moving so dramatically during a crisis.
- Hi, I'm Natalie Taylor. … I'm a financial planner, a speaker, and a consultant … and I help people with their personal finances. … Over the last 10 or so years since the Great Recession, … the market has been doing, all in all, really well. … So you probably got used … to seeing your account go up most months … and you've probably have a lot more … than you did 10 years ago. … So seeing this rapid decline is really frightening, … but this is what we expect of markets. … We didn't know that it was going to be the coronavirus, … but we did know that a shock was going to come … and it always has to be a surprise … or else the market wouldn't respond this way, … but this is how markets work. … We should expect the unexpected, … that the market will experience something … that nobody saw coming or very few saw coming, … that caused ripple effects for companies, … for governments, and for individuals, … and that's exactly what's happening. … It may look a little bit different than … the Great Recession did …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.