"We love it, but we're just not ready right now." Every sales person alive has heard this objection. It's the stalled sales process we all fear. Learn how to create urgency that prevents this stall, and how identify buyers who will never move early so you can move on.
- We just love it, but we're not ready right now.…Ugh, nothing is worse than a stalled sales cycle.…The buyer either tells you to your face we're not ready…or worse they just go dark.…But when your buyer says,…"We're not ready," or goes dark,…it is perfectly appropriate for you to ask why.…Now instead of emailing, go old school.…Pick up the phone and call.…Be authentic, say something like,…"You know, it seemed like there was a lot of interest.…"What happened?"…There are three major reasons sales cycles stall,…no urgency is the most common.…
This is when your buyer says something like,…"We have other priorities.…"This will have to wait."…Or perhaps you're the bright shiny object…they wanted to know more about, but now that they know,…there's no reason for them to act.…Either way, they don't see an immediate value.…That's when you have to go back and monetize your benefits.…Your objective now…is to elevate the cost of your buyer doing nothing…and this may require some extra intel gathering.…
What happens to their competitive status if they don't act?…
- Prepare for strategic conversations.
- Describe how to ask pointed, high-value questions.
- Articulate how to anticipate objections.
- Identify effective body language.
- Personalize your pitch deck.
- Manage the handoff effectively.
- Ask for internal referrals.