In this video, explore executive and non-cash compensation.
- How would you like to receive…free massages or free yoga classes at work?…What about free food and drinks?…These are all forms of non-monetary compensation…that some companies offer to set…themselves apart from the competition.…These perks help employers position…themselves as a an employer of choice,…and work especially well to attract…top talent in lean economic times.…Executives also receive benefits in the form…of non-cash compensation and other perks.…
Some of the non-monetary rewards…executives may receive include corporate housing,…company cars, and club memberships.…These rewards also provide certain tax benefits.…Executive compensation is usually…significantly higher than all other groups,…and a significant pay gap is generally controversial.…In 2017, the Securities and Exchange Commission,…or SEC, began requiring companies to disclose…how executive pay compares to the pay…of the general employee population.…
The SEC also requires annual reporting…of the compensation packages of the…top five executives in a company.…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.