Teams cannot perform well under risk of pain and exclusion. In this video, learn how to question and redefine your team's optimal performing state.
- Some of the most surprising findings … in my research on teams focus … on the importance of inclusion and belonging. … Biologically, we're wired to assess … where we stand in our group. … From the perspective of our tribal brain, … if we're an outcast from the group, we're likely to perish. … So our brain is constantly assessing our social status … and essentially keeping a running tally … of where we stand in our ranking in the group. … As we enter new social spaces like jobs or teams, … our brain scans for information, … and is actually able to map relationships … based on power, including hierarchy, … dominance, and competence, as well as affinity, … including trustworthiness love and intimacy. … Our brain is highly tuned to signs … that we're being marginalized or pushed out to the edges, … rather than being in the middle where we're safest. … One of the shocking discoveries I made … while researching my book … is that exclusion lights up the same regions of the brain … as physical pain. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders