- Explain the decision-making process in undertaking an investment project.
- Distinguish between the components of an investment project.
- Recognize the primary way businesses value investment projects.
- Describe the features of input costs.
- Examine how businesses account for risk in an investment project decision.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Should you buy it? That CRM, a new office space, a competitor even. Should you buy it? More importantly, how do you know if you should buy it? Now, there are ways to figure this out and I can help you. Oh, by the way, I'm Josh Rischin. I know the tools and I know the techniques. I use them every day. For over 15 years now even. Okay, making a purchase or an investment can be risky. This is the case if you're a billion dollar corporation, okay, maybe not, or just working out of your own home. It's just as important that you have the right data to help evaluate your decision. You don't have to decide this based on your gut. Please, don't do that. Come with me and we'll go through what you can do. We'll get organized, we'll evaluate the present and we'll model the future. Using a hypothetical scenario, we'll apply some tried and tested industry metrics to help you make the right decision for the next business investment you make.