This video helps you determine how long a task should take and how to process it. This helps you learn to better estimate your time and plan properly.
- Do you find it's a challenge … to estimate how long something is going to take? … In my course "Time Management Fundamentals," … I suggest that people schedule time in their calendar. … Well, that means that you're going to … have to estimate how long something is going to take … but what if you thought … that it was going to 30 minutes to accomplish something … and it really took an hour? … What do you do in that situation? … Here are a few tips first to keep that from happening … and then second, what to do when it happens. … First, keep in mind that estimating time is like a muscle. … I have seen many clients get better at it over time. … If you feel like you need more help with it, … start by using a timer, … whatever you're going to do next, … use that timer to estimate how long it's … going to take and play a game. … Let's see if you got it right. … The more you practice doing this, … the better you're going to get … at seeing how good you are at estimating … and that muscle will build. …
- List one recommended tip to help schedule appointments more efficiently.
- Explain the benefits of delegating repetitive tasks.
- Identify how to estimate the length of a task.
- Recall a useful way to help focus your weekly planning.