Begin to identify and detail challenges in an organization that motivate change and showcase how agile can serve as a solution, in this video.
- Becoming a professional agile team means re-engineering … the way they think about work. … Agility is a mindset that can be improved and not perfected. … Your team will always be on their agile journey. … There's no agile pizza party or agile complete memo. … There's no finished agile box that you can check. … This makes agile particularly difficult to start … in your organization. … There's a long ramp-up period. … It requires people to think differently, … and there's an unclear timeframe. … In a sense, it's a never-ending process improvement. … When you start introducing agile, you want to identify … why the organization needs to change. … That will help you build a foundation … that will sustain your organization for the long haul. … Don't start by promising immediate results. … That type of expectation is almost sure to fizzle. … Instead, start by listing the challenges you have … with your current projects then see if you can get … everyone to agree that there's a need for change. …
- Starting agile in your organization
- Defining team roles and responsibilities
- Letting the team self-organize
- Training the team
- Thinking and delivering like an agile team
- Avoiding pitfalls