Without a chain of command, a crisis communication response can appear chaotic. In this video, learn how to establish a clear chain of command.
- Because crisis requires a quick … and confident response you'll want … to establish a clear chain of command. … Essentially this means that all information … and communication decisions surrounding … the crisis goes through the leader of the crisis team. … Without a chain of command … a crisis communication response can appear chaotic. … You'll often see slow, or inconsistent messaging, … and the audiences might start to wonder, … "Does this organization know what it's doing? … "Do they even have a plan? … "Is anybody taking charge of the situation?" … The lack of a chain of command can quickly erode … the public's confidence in your organization. … For an example of how the lack … of a chain of command might look … to an audience let's go back in time … to 2007 when Twitter was young. … At this time in history many companies had yet … to monitor Twitter activity. … When executives learned through newspaper articles … that hundreds of people were talking negatively … about their brands on Twitter …
- Define crisis.
- Explain how to respond quickly and confidently.
- Identify different audiences in crisis.
- Assess technical and physical resources.
- Describe how to establish a chain of command.
- Develop hold statements.
- Identify how to avoid common crisis response mistakes.
- Review your crisis communication response.