Simon explains that your personal brand guides the way you build relationships. What do you stand for? How do you want people to describe you after they walk away from an interaction? Discover how to create a personal brand that best suits you.
- Think about one of your favorite … celebrities, public figures, or athletes. … Even though you never met that person, … you probably have some ideas about who they are. … That conclusion you're drawing … is a reflection of their personal brand. … The same thing happens in business. … Your personal brand plays a big role … in how your colleagues see you. … But what's a personal brand? … And how can you craft yours in a way … that helps you build strong business relationships … and then maintain that brand over time? … Trust me, you don't want to leave this to chance. … I'll start by saying that your personal brand … isn't just your name, it's what you're known for. … It's how other people describe your work … and what it feels like to be around you. … Someone's describing your personal brand … when they say things like, … oh, I love him, he's such a great person! … Or she's really difficult to work with, watch your back. … This means that even before you meet someone … they probably have an idea of who you are …
- Explain the importance of giving a good first impression.
- Recognize the importance of creating a shared bond.
- Identify tools for building relationships online.
- Recognize the right time to become a mentor to someone else.
- Name the factors that will help you identify the sweet spot for creating a project that serves both you and your organization.