Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Energize and empower, part of Executive Leadership.
- CEO Christine Day … says one of her most important priorities … is ensuring the emotional vitality of the organization. … It was crucial to her success as an executive at Starbucks, … and later, how she drove tremendous growth while in charge … of the innovative apparel company, Lululemon. … Highly-successful executives like Day … know you consistently need to energize … and empower your people, and you need to do both. … Energizing people without empowering them … can leave them frustrated. … Empowering them without energizing them … can leave them overwhelmed, stuck in place. … Intuit founder and former CEO billionaire Scott Cook … says this lesson transformed his success as a leader. … He said, "Nothing good happens with a product team … "unless they're excited. … "Even if I need to change the way … "they're approaching an issue, … "I need to leave them more excited about what they're doing … "than when the meeting began." … Here's how to do it. … Give them something to get energized about. …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.