In this video, Phil Gold points out the value of developing a sense of team identity. Learn how "espirit de corps" creates stronger bonds between the team, leading to better collaboration, and better efficiency overall.
- As the manager of a remote team, … you've got people scattered all over the place. … But the mindset you want to instill is that your workers … are a team, that they're a group who are working towards … a common purpose, not just a bunch of isolated individuals. … That's why I think it's important for the remote manager … to be looking for opportunities that will allow team members … to work together and collaborate whenever possible. … Having shared goals creates multiple team-building benefits. … First of all, successfully collaborating on work … establishes trust between team members. … When people have worked together and succeeded, … they gain confidence in the skills and reliability … of their partners. … They also get a better idea of what those skills are. … There may be people on your team who have expertise … in certain processes or technologies, … and that may not be common knowledge. … Working directly with other team members on projects … can expose these skills or point out to the skill holder …
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables