Learn about the importance of empathy and how being kind can lead to positive outcomes.
- I do think that empathy connects with authenticity. You can't have empathy if you really don't care. You can't have empathy if you're not really willing to put yourself in that person's position and see it from their point of view. So you have to believe in diverse perspectives, you have to be surrounded by people who are different than you so that you can see things from different angles, right? 'Cos that's what really makes the whole picture. So I think that as a female leader, I think there's a lot of female leaders that have empathy and people sometimes confuse that with kindness and they are different things, and I think that you can be really strong. I'm a very strong person, I have very high standards, I don't apologize for my standards, I can be tough as nails but it's never without empathy and kindness. It's never without understanding how that person is being affected, their best learning style. And usually the best learning style is encouragement and teaching, not the stick. That almost never works.
This course was created by genConnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- The why of advertising
- The importance of mentors and influencers
- Curating your path
- Getting hired
- Finding the right culture
- Comparing agencies of different sizes
- Being creative
- Investing in relationships and partnerships
- Driving decisions with data
- Emphasizing equality
- Giving back to your community
- Balancing your personal life
- Lessons for Millennials