The world is filled with things that only exist to distract you. This segment discusses strategies that you can use to help stay focused and ignore the distractions.
- [Instructor] Eliminate junk stimuli. … Another way to eliminate feelings of overwhelm … in our lives is to get rid of a lot of the junk stimuli … that comes our way throughout the day. … We are bombarded day and night with loads of crap. … TV ads or even news we aren't interested in … that we watch anyway. … A mailbox full of advertising and other dead tree marketing. … Emails upon emails, mingling with Facebook posts, … and tweets and texts. … Left unchecked, all this junk stimuli will bleed us dry. … It's exhausting, even as it's often entertaining. … Do a quick audit of all the clutter in your life. … Start with your environment. … Where is there junk stimuli? … Stuff that makes you feel tired when you see, … hear or otherwise experience it. … Consider visual clutter … like that overstuffed kitchen drawer you open every day … looking for a paperclip. … Ponder auditory clutter, … like whiny kids who make you tense … or the neighbor who really does need to fix his car alarm. … Think about online and media distractions. …
This audiobook was created by Penguin Random House. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- How to stop overworking
- The importance of recess breaks
- Determining your top priorities
- How to say no to all non-priorities
- Eliminating junk stimuli and mental clutter
- Strategies for reducing low-level stressors
- Swapping fear and stress for courageous thoughts