Create a shared understanding of why inclusion is critical for your team. Learn how to adopt a more inclusive and open communication style and revamp your leadership practices.
- High-performing teams are inclusive, and by creating and cultivating a culture of inclusion, you can bring out the best in your employees, individually and collectively as a team. We know workplace diversity pays dividends in terms of successful business outcomes, but those rewards don't come without some challenges. Diversity doesn't last without inclusion. If your employees don't feel like they have a place on the team or don't feel comfortable sharing their ideas, you won't maximize your team's potential.
Hi, I'm Dr. Daisy Lovelace. In this LinkedIn Learning course, I share best practices for establishing an inclusive team dynamic, communicating effectively, and leading diverse teams. I'll give you examples from research conducted in multiple industries and share stories from my experience working with organizations on this topic since 2006. Join me, and in less than an hour, you'll have a new set of tools and techniques you can employ to effectively lead an inclusive team.
- Define “inclusion”.
- Recall the negative impact of unconscious bias.
- List five tips to help you keep an open mind.
- Recognize the benefits of humility.
- Identify the role of an ally.
- Name two effective strategies used to collect feedback from a team.