Learn how to leverage counterintuitive strategies to better lead in an always-on, push-harder, and do-more world.
- Like most of you, I'm a product of a just do it generation. To get ahead I've managed my commitments and challenges by doing more, doing it faster, and pushing harder. It's a conventional approach to success that worked quite well for me and many others, until it didn't. I've experienced it firsthand and I've seen it with leaders who tell me how hard it is to gain traction using these classic success strategies. How they feel like walking to do lists and like their efforts seemed to have lost their meaning. No doubt the playing field has changed. The rules are different, the problems more complex. We need some counterintuitive strategies and the willingness to disrupt the way we think, work, and lead. I was so fascinated by this that I wrote a book about it, it's called, "Leadership Unchained: Defying Conventional Wisdom "for Breakthrough Performance." The concepts covered in my book are the basis for this course. I'm Sara Canaday, a leadership expert and during our time together I'll share more about why conventional leadership wisdom is now less effective and why we're so reluctant to let it go. You'll also hear about some trailblazing leaders who aren't afraid to redefine rules when it makes smart business sense. And most importantly you'll hear insights and strategies for how and when to adopt these counterintuitive approaches. Thanks for joining me to learn more about how to gain traction in our always on do more world.
- Adopting the strategic pause
- Disrupting your thinking
- Balancing hard data with soft intelligence
- Reevaluating your to-do list
- Communicating to influence and engage
- Approaching challenges as a novice
- Blazing new trails
- Conquering the chaos
- Enduring leadership attributes