Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop others, part of Executive Leadership.
- "Every business is the people business." … Larry Bossidy, former CEO of Honeywell … and Allied Signal said, … "Nothing we do is more important … "than hiring and developing people. … "At the end of the day, you bet on people, not strategies." … CEOs and thought leaders know this … and it's backed by research. … A recent global leadership forecast compiling … the assessments of leading research groups and universities … from around the world determine … that two of the top five critical success skills … are one, identifying and developing talent … and two, coaching and developing others. … Studies also consistently find … that the most talented people tend to gravitate … to where they can grow the most. … They have the power to choose … because organizations are fighting to get them. … To sustain success over time, … executive leaders need to take a disciplined, … strategic approach to attracting, … developing and retaining talented people. … Here's what you should do. … First, develop your people. …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.