In this video, learn about the value of providing several options for reporting, and gain ideas on how to advertise these various channels to ensure they are used.
- While positive culture is a huge defense … against sexual harassment, … I can't say that it will absolutely eradicate … any and all negative behaviors in the workplace. … When they do happen, it's important for people … to have options in terms of who they can tell. … Many times, HR takes complaints. … However, I have also met many employees who told me … they would never report anything to HR … because HR is clearly on the leader's side. … If you're in HR, here's something to think about. … True harassment prevention means a culture of trust. … How can you be sure your employees trust you? … Managers also take complaints and may have also witnessed … some of the behaviors firsthand, … so will have some background on the employee's concerns, … but I've also met many employees who told me, … "I would never report anything to my manager … "because I don't trust him." … Something to think about if you're a manager. … How can you be sure your employees trust you? … Or it might be that the manager …
- Explain why you should always think of sexual harassment in terms of power.
- Recognize how to justify discipline without abusing the rights of the person you are disciplining.
- Recall how to address the values of your workplace culture without challenging or creating negativity.
- Identify the benefits of paying attention to the body language of coworkers.
- Name the default position companies should take on managers dating subordinates.