Is your company thinking of going global? Learn about how to globalize your company's market presence, leverage global resources, and cultivate a global mindset.
- Did you know that according to Apple CEO Tim Cook, China will soon surpass the United States as the biggest market for iPhones, or that India is the number two country in terms of Facebook users? But most companies in most industries, the game today is global, not local. The global economy is several times as large than even the biggest economies such as the U.S., China, or Japan. This is one of the primary reasons why companies such as Walmart from the U.S., Alibaba from China, or the clothing company Uniqlo from Japan have chosen to leave home and spread their wings on the global stage. My name is Anil Gupta, I'm a professor of strategy and globalization at the University of Maryland. In this course, I want to share with you the foundations of building a global strategy. I want to help you understand the key concepts and logics that you could use to design your own company's global strategy. Come, join me on this global voyage.
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset