Invisible labor, or "office housework," is often taken on by women. Learn about ways to ensure the grunt work and stretch opportunities are shared. Enabling your team to tackle significant tasks and challenges not only increases employee engagement, it also increases feelings of belonging. Learn about three strategies to empower employees.
- How you delegate work assignments within your team,…significantly impacts the promotion trajectory…of those you supervise.…Being an inclusive team manager means you assign tasks…in a way that doesn't favor or exclude anyone on the team.…The overwhelming majority of learning at work happens…when you're working on projects or tasks that stretch us…beyond our current skill set.…This is why employees need regular learning experiences…that push them to grow, and why it's critical…to delegate work equitably.…
The work each person on your team does falls into one…of three buckets; in the middle is the bulk…of your teams work, then on two polar opposite ends…of the spectrum are the office chores or grunt work,…and the high profile stretch assignments or glamorous work.…Office chores are the necessary but often unnoticed…little tasks that keep everything running smoothly.…These can include everything from scheduling meetings,…to taking notes, or ordering lunch.…
The visible, much more significant work such as initiating…
- Define “inclusion”.
- Recall the negative impact of unconscious bias.
- List five tips to help you keep an open mind.
- Recognize the benefits of humility.
- Identify the role of an ally.
- Name two effective strategies used to collect feedback from a team.