What results, processes, scope, and deliverables are you holding your team accountable to? In this video, learn how to define these key accountabilities for your team.
- Once you understand … what you're accountable for as a leader, … you need to define the accountabilities … for the members of your team. … They need to know what results, processes, … scope, deliverables you're holding them accountable to. … If they don't know what you're holding them accountable to, … they can't succeed. … It's impossible for them to deliver … if they don't know what you expect. … You're not able to impose consequences … if they fall short. … You're not able to reward them appropriately … if they exceed your expectations. … So making sure that you clearly define … these accountabilities is going to go a long way … in driving the right behaviors. … People can also be held accountable not just for results, … but for principles or cultural norms. … For example, I'm working with a small consulting firm … that's growing very rapidly, … and it's important for them to have the right values. … What they've said is, "We want our partners … "to be accountable for this." … And they've actually put it …
- Define accountability.
- Compare and contrast accountability and responsibility.
- Identify ways a leader can model accountability.
- Explain how to define accountability for a team.
- List examples of consequences for failing to deliver.
- Describe how to strengthen a brand by establishing and reinforcing a culture of accountability.