Find out what procurement involves, explore the objective, and learn why you want to seamlessly integrate it into your project. Also, explore some of the advantages of using procurement.
- I have a question for you and you can be honest. … Do you like to buy stuff? … If you're like most people, … the resounding answer is yes, of course I do. … As a project manager, … there will be times when you'll need to buy things, … for example goods and services, … from outside your organization or team … so you can successfully deliver your project. … But here's the thing. … Unlike in your personal life, … you can't just go and buy what you need. … You'll have to get a contract signed first. … Typically, this involves collaborating with external sources … like sellers or vendors to get what you need. … This is known as procurement. … More specifically, procurement involves things like … identifying a need, … determining how best to source that need, … negotiating terms and conditions, for example pricing, … and signing contracts. … However, procurements have to be managed … in a coordinated fashion … in order for you to realize the greatest benefits. … This is where the management …
- Defining procurement management
- Identifying the project manager’s role
- Tailoring procurement techniques for your organization
- Dealing with conflicts of interest
- Controlling procurements
- Implementing procurements in six stages
- Rapid procurement
- Reverse auctions
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.