Explore some common procurement pitfalls and learn how they can impact your project. Also, discover ways to avoid conflicts of interest by recognizing your biases and those of your team.
- Everyone has personal interests … and relationships they care about. … It's human nature. … The challenge comes when those conflict … with the needs of the organization you work for. … It becomes a conflict of interest … when you have to make a decision … that puts your personal interest … above the interest of your team or organization. … In this case, … serving one interest causes you to undermine the other. … You never want your organization to think … you're putting your needs above those of your organization. … Especially if you wear multiple hats, … there may not be many, if any, … checks and balances in place … so it's up to you to avoid conflicts of interest. … For instance, let's say you're a project manager … working for a mid-sized digital marketing company … where you have to acquire CRM software for your project. … In the process of evaluating solutions, … your college buddy approaches you … about buying the software from his company. … He tells you it'd be a win-win … because he can get you special pricing. …
- Defining procurement management
- Identifying the project manager’s role
- Tailoring procurement techniques for your organization
- Dealing with conflicts of interest
- Controlling procurements
- Implementing procurements in six stages
- Rapid procurement
- Reverse auctions
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.