Data visualization is a powerful tool that can help uncover insights in marketing data. Explore best practices for data visualization that can help get the most from marketing analytics.
- [Instructor] Data visualization is a powerful tool … that helps you uncover insights. … Just looking at the numbers in a spreadsheet … will not provide you very much value, especially … when you're looking to make better data informed decisions. … In this video, I'll walk you … through some of the basic concepts to keep in mind … when you're visualizing your data. … You could spend hours and hours learning all the specifics … of a tool like Power BI or Tableau, … but if you're not making useful dashboards, … all that effort is for nothing. … Oftentimes I see analysts losing the forest for the trees. … This is why understanding data visualization … is so important. … Data visualization has a few … fundamental concepts underlying it. … The first fundamental … is to keep your data visualizations simple. … I know we often see beautiful … and elaborate data visualizations all over LinkedIn, … but for you and your business, … you should keep things simple. … The next principle is to focus on the important metrics. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Differentiate between internal and external data sources.
- Describe the three types of data analytics.
- Classify the three main categories of marketing data.
- Give an example of each of the three types of marketing goals.
- Recognize the strengths of different visualization tools.
- Identify a benefit of having a solid reporting infrastructure.