Diversity, inclusion, and belonging (DIBs) is the foundation for equitable workplaces. Learn how to activate DIBs to build a more diverse, innovative, and productive organization.
- Human beings just want to belong. We are compelled to come together. And my hope is that we get to come together at a very authentic way where we seek each other's differences, that we find joy in learning in those differences. When you think about diversity inclusion, you think about goals and numbers and process and compliance and audits, and you leave the human behind. DIBs is about bringing humanity into this conversation in your heart, and what it's not is a program. What it's not is a policy. What it's not is a goal. So if you're a leader, if you're a manager, think about your workforce, think about the talent you have and the fordability of that talent. If you think about the power of diverse inclusion belonging, more importantly the belonging part of culture, that takes a disengaged workforce and makes them engaged. As a leader we'd be silly not to pay attention to this so it's a business imperative to get on this because if you do you unlock your own potential and that of your business.
- Determine what prevents a company from being equitable.
- Explain the importance of storytelling.
- Construct how an interview process should work that would enable you to hire diverse talent.
- Describe the purpose of listening to employees.
- Determine the factors for choosing DIBs role models in a company.