Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Cultivating creativity, part of Executive Leadership.
- Arthur Schalo, when asked what distinguished … the most creative scientists, … he said they are impelled by curiosity. … This definitely applies for leaders. … To do it well, here are some steps to use, … drawing on decades of research about what … creates the most fertile ground for creative work … in organizations. … Now, you don't need to generate the ideas, … but you do need to set the example … of being impelled by curiosity. … You have to have it and show it. … A global executive search firm study found … that curiosity was one of the strongest traits … associated with leadership success. … And successfuL executives were measured … as having more than twice as much as other managers. … Discuss creativity best practices and examples of innovation … inside and outside your organization, … and encourage others to do it too. … Here's an example I love, maybe you can use it too. … Doug Dietz worked for General Electric … and developed large medical imaging devices. … His MRI machines save lives, …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.