A global mindset is the product of an in-depth understanding of key cultures and markets, and an ability to connect the dots across this diversity. Learn how to develop a global mindset to ensure a productive future.
- In 2000, the president of Chrysler Corporation…finished his visit to India…by telling a reporter,…"Call me when you've built some roads."…He never imagined that India's car market…would grow from half a million in 2000…to over three million by 2017,…making it the world's fifth largest,…just behind Germany.…Not surprisingly, Chrysler has a near absence…in the Indian market today.…
Others, including Hyundai, Suzuki, Toyota,…Honda, GM, and Ford looked at the market very differently…and are powering ahead.…This example illustrates mindset,…that is, the lenses through which people…make sense of the external world, matter.…Biases rooted in past experience…play a big role in shaping a person's mindset.…
This is universal.…What's not universal is when an individual…becomes a prisoner of the past…instead of also factoring in tomorrow's emerging reality.…Deliberate efforts to keep refreshing your mindset…are critical in times of rapid and discontinuous change.…It's in this context that looking at tomorrow…from the lens of today can be really debilitating.…
- Identify the benefits and challenges of globalization.
- Determine how to connect with each local market.
- Explore relevant tips for managing global teams across cultures.
- Examine way to manage and share knowledge across the globe.
- Recognize how to build a company’s brand as a global employer.
- Outline helpful tips on the best ways to manage an expatriate’s assignment.
- Explore the fundamentals of establishing a one-company culture across the globe.
- Determine how to cultivate a global mindset.