In this video, Dan discusses the exposure, hazards, and perils that a new currency brings to business now and in the future.
- I remember being a kid and thinking how great it was…to have coins in my pocket.…These quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies…meant I could go downtown and purchase hamburgers,…toys, and baseball cards.…As I got older, the more attractive spending money…was currency, bills of any denomination would do.…As I grew even older, that currency morphed…into checking accounts and credit cards.…
Today, I often use my mobile device…to pay for groceries, gas, and coffee.…Who'd thought it?…What's becoming a growing topic…in the world of finance and money is cryptocurrency.…Cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency…designed to work as a medium of exchange.…It uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions…as well as to control the creation…of new units of a particular cryptocurrency.…
Essentially, cryptocurrencies are limited entries…in a database that no one can change…unless specific conditions are fulfilled.…You may recognize the network Bitcoin or the Blockchain…which is a public ledger of all transactions…within a network.…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.