Innovating can be a fluid process and it's wise to embrace that flexibility. It's crucial, however, that the team agrees guiding principles that they respect in order to work as a collaborative and high performing team.
- When we think of innovation,…we often think of a flexible, fluid process,…which is often the case.…It is crucial however, that the team agrees…to guiding principles at the start of working together.…This is your team charter,…detailing how you will work together,…what you expect from each other,…and how you will agree on roles and responsibilities.…This needn't be a dull or laborious process.…In fact, this can be a way to motivate and energize the team…when they're getting ready to work together.…
Collaborative, high-performing,…and innovative teams don't just happen.…There will of course be an element of chemistry…and serendipitous idea creation that you can't predict,…but it's important to have some structure.…As with creating any new strategy,…you want to be clear on the problem you're solving,…and then collectively create guiding principles…that help you to achieve results.…I recommend at the start of the innovation process,…you get together as a team to agree your charter.…
You may want to review this as and when…
- Recognize how team innovation impacts a company’s success.
- Define the psychological components of team innovation, including the challengers, executors, and enablers.
- Determine the component strengths of team innovation.
- Examine the best ways to accept bias.
- Explore the effect of experimentation on innovation.
- Recognize the impact of reflection on innovation.
- Identify the fundamentals of creating a space for an innovation team to thrive.
- Determine the best ways to create an innovation charter.
- Break down the importance learning on the move, which helps helps a successful team innovate to grow.