Learn how and why to implement an area free of digital technology, a great place for recharging the mind.
- Technology is a powerful tool. … It helps us get more done, … it helps us communicate faster, … it gives us a world of options right at our fingertips. … But is it too powerful? … Occasionally, it's so seductive and alluring … that we just have to constantly … be looking at our phones and our devices. … This is why I recommend that we occasionally create … a sanctuary from these digital devices. … Now, if you think about what a sanctuary is in real life, … it's a special place set aside to protect something, … such as nature or animals. … Well, you want to have your sanctuary, … a place where you can go to protect … your mind and your emotions and your thoughts … so that you can be calm, … and then go back to work and use technology later. … Let's talk about a few ways that we can make this happen. … First of all, you can create a schedule … of when you're not going to touch technology, … such as a day of the week or the month, … or an hour in the day. … I have a client who has something …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.