Learn what a task board is and how to use one.
- The task board is one of the most recognized … agile artifacts. … It's like an agile sign post, almost like a billboard … that reads "Quiet, please, agile team working." … Often managers will use a task board … as a signal of progress. … They'll point and say, "This is our agile team." … Something about the board attracts the oh's and ah's … from people who visit the team. … It shows that the team is doing something different. … It takes agile from being theoretical … to something practical. … There are many different ways to crate a task board. … It's usually displayed … on a large whiteboard with marker columns. … Sometimes it will be simple tape on a white wall. … If a team is short on space, … they can even use a glass wall or window. … Boards can come in different sizes. … Some larger teams will have a task board … that takes up an entire wall. … Other teams fit it on a cork board. … The task board is a simple swimlane diagram. … They look like the swimlanes that divide Olympic pools. …
- Explain the purpose of a taskboard and how it can help keep a project on track.
- List the correct order of the swim lanes on a taskboard.
- Name the two types of burndown charts.
- Recognize the problems that occur when a team does not break down epics into stories.