In this video, Phil Gold explores creating opportunities for in-person team interactions. Learn some options you might have for strengthening team bonds with face-to-face experiences.
- I am a big fan of connecting to people via video chat, … and over the years I've used it … to develop strong relationships with people worldwide, … some of whom I have never yet met in the flesh. … However, nothing strengthens a personal connection … like interacting with someone physically, … face-to-face in real life. … I think this is just human nature. … For almost everybody, however good virtual presence is, … physical presence is better. … So as you're managing your team of far-flung workers, … keep an eye out for opportunities … to bring everyone together. … Now, once again, this won't apply to everyone. … And it won't necessarily be easy to pull off. … One company I know of in the Portland, Oregon area … has basically no in-house personnel other than admin staff. … People are literally all over the world. … One guy lives in Tahiti. … One guys lives in Bend, Oregon six months of the year … and lives the other six in Krakow in Poland and so on. … The company has two mandatory two-week meetings per year …
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables