Google Analytics can be a complex marketing data source. Learn about using Google Analytics to track data effectively.
- [Narrator] Why does your organization have a website? … Is there a specific goal you're looking to achieve? … This is the most important question you need to consider … when you are trying to figure out how to track your goals … in Google Analytics. … Generally speaking, there are three kinds of websites; … e-commerce, lead generation, and content websites. … Depending on which of these three broad categories … you fall under, this will affect … what kind of goals you are tracking. … The first kind of a goal is a destination goal. … These kinds of goals are common with e-commerce websites … because they help you understand … which buyer paths are really affected. … They also help you understand details … about who is landing on your checkout page. … For example, you can see how many people are arriving … when they are coming and what they are bringing to checkout. … These details can help you make a strategic decision … about your marketing efforts. … The second kind of a goal is an engagement goal. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Differentiate between internal and external data sources.
- Describe the three types of data analytics.
- Classify the three main categories of marketing data.
- Give an example of each of the three types of marketing goals.
- Recognize the strengths of different visualization tools.
- Identify a benefit of having a solid reporting infrastructure.