Focus on creating the ideal candidate experience during the interview process to recruit top talent.
- There's ongoing battle for the best talent…and your candidate experience is your secret weapon…for hiring them.…If you want to hire better people for good jobs…or hire great people for great jobs,…here are five things you can do right now…to create a remarkable CX at your company.…First, offer career moves, not lateral transfers.…Start the shift by changing from what you want…in terms of an ideal candidate,…to what an ideal candidate gets in terms of a better job.…With this as a starting point,…you'll have the ability to attract anyone…who wants a better job, even those who are fully employed…and fully engaged, and even if they're not looking…to change jobs.…
Next, slow down, focus on attracting people,…not weeding them out.…Add a delay switch to your Apply Now button.…Filling positions with the best people who apply…as rapidly as possible is an outdated…and ill-advised hiring strategy.…For example, I just talked to a woman the other day,…she couldn't hire enough security guards…because their salary was lower than their competition.…
- Describe the “raising the talent bar” strategy for hiring the right people.
- Identify who is in the talent market.
- Summarize ways to eliminate barriers to entry.
- Explain how to create a candidate experience.
- Recall how to conduct the work history review.
- Identify the thinking and planning skills needed to find the right candidate.
- Explain how to accurately assess a candidate.